Based on my experiences and the teachings of others like Rhonda Bryne, I can say that there is resounding evidence on the ability of words to change circumstances. Countless success stories, including this one that I wrote about Tiger Woods, note the importance of speaking things into existence.
The problem however, is typically life gets the best of us and we forget exactly how to refocus our minds onto positivity. This is where affirmations come in handy. Affirmations are defined by Mariam Webster as a powerful assertion. This powerful assertion is put out into the universe both written and verbally to then come to fruition.
The rules to affirmations:
The most significant rules to affirmations is that they must be used consistently and you must actually believe them.
For consistency, a good rule of thumb is to say some affirmations to yourself in the mirror every morning. If that feels weird, (because it will at first), start by writing them down first in a journal like this one from amazon.
The second is much harder to put into practice. You must actually believe the affirmations in order for them to come to fruition. So how do we get ourselves to believe things? We hear them often and consistently and we constantly look for signs of their existence. So this means, that the more often you say your affirmations, the more likely you will believe them and start looking for evidence of their truth in your life.
This is how its going to happen for example. You will begin to say for instance the money affirmations consistently over the next 2 weeks. As the weeks go on you will start to believe them more and more. You’ll also notice little changes that begin to affirm the belief that your affirmations have power. This can be something small like finding $20 in a old coat pocket or even something larger like a promotion.
Overtime, you’ll then become utterly convinced of the effects of affirmations.
So what affirmations should you say? I’ve compiled a list of 80 of the most power affirmations that you should use this year.
I consider this list powerful because the affirmations are direct and broad. While some people argue that affirmations are supposed to be specific in order to yield the results that you would like, I acknowledge that we are not genies and cannot act as God. Speaking broad affirmations allows God, the universe, the cosmos, or whatever you believe in to still prove sovereign.
As you become better at affirmations, you can also add your own spin on them and make them more personal.
Affirmations for when you are being hard on yourself:
- I am worthy of love in all its forms.
- I am wonderfully and uniquely made.
- I have an incredible ability to set myself up for future success.
- My flaws add depth to my beauty.
- I am an intelligent, curious, and resilient being.
- If I can dream it, I can do it.
- I have an inner light that will illuminate the world.
- My vision is constantly pushing me towards greatness.
- My potential is infinite, and my life is progressive.
- I have a healthy body, a calm spirit and an astonishing soul.
Affirmations for when you are losing faith:
- My chance of success is significant and abundant.
- The universe is continually working in my best interest.
- I have everything that I need in order to be successful.
- I am exactly where I need to be to receive my next blessing.
- I have faith in my ability to reach any goal that I set.
- All of my current challenges are preparation for my future.
- I naturally attract miracles and blessings into my life.
- My true power is in my ability to maintain faithful to my mission.
- I believe that I deserve every good thing that it about to happen to me.
- I welcome all the ways the universe would like to bless me.
Affirmations for when you are feeling ungrateful:
- I am grateful for everything that I am and everything that I am not.
- I count the small wins on the road to my greater purpose.
- As I declare gratitude for my current circumstance, it begins to become better.
- I am grateful, open, and enthusiastic for my life’s journey.
- My current joy is attracting more joy into my life.
- I thank the universe for the situations that I currently face because it is creating my amazing future.
- I find something to be grateful for every day.
- I am grateful for the journey as well as the destination.
- Gratitude is my most powerful weapon during challenging times.
- Every time I say “thank you” I welcome new blessings into my life.
Affirmations for when you want to attract more money:
- My life is a magnet for prosperity and opportunities.
- I have the ability to start with nothing and build wealth without limits.
- There is no obstacle that can stop my earning ability.
- Money a tool that I use to make the world a better place.
- I live abundantly and money continuously finds me.
- I am constantly discovering new sources of income.
- Money flows to me with ease.
- I make money effortlessly and unexpectedly.
- I am given plentifully so that I am able to bless others.
- I manage money well and I am prepared for massive success.
Two week Challenge:
Pick one of the areas above where you would like to see some change in your life, and repeat all 10 affirmations every day for the next two weeks. Record in a journal, every piece of evidence that you encounter in alignment with your affirmations.