I’ll be the first to admit, there’s nothing more intimidating than an audiobook that’s over 20 hours. This one in particular is 36 hours… ugh! However, based on a few recommendations that I give this book a listen, I decided to try it. Needless to say, once I got started I literally could not stop listening.
The book is The Snowball by Alice Schroeder and it follows the life and career of investor Warren Buffet. Since the point of me sharing my audiobooks is as a recommendation, I won’t add any spoilers. However, I’d like to share some of the things that I learned from this book:
1. “Don’t wait, begin it” – Buffet warned against waiting to begin new ventures.
2. Humility is a crucial part of success. Buffet emphasizes his “luck ” throughout much of the book.
3. Understand the difference between internal and external reward systems.
4. Home is where you make it.
5. Patience. It’s the snowball effect.